Monsoon Mild Curry
Welcome to our 100% natural, wonderfully rich curry with fragrant, vibrant spices, tomatoes, onions, garlic and zingy ginger. This is a sauce we’ve created to represent the Malabar coast, to the south west of India’s shores. A mild curry, perfect for the whole family that packs a true flavour punch.
- Gently fry between 750g and 1kg of chicken, red meat, or vegetables in a little oil or butter or coconut oil or alternative fat, as you prefer.
- Add your jar of Monsoon Mild Curry sauce to the pan, pour water into the empty to about half full, swirl around and add that to the pan too.
- Cook until the meat is cooked or the vegetables the texture you prefer. Serve with our Vintage Pure Basmati rice and Naan.
- Add a nugget or two of frozen spinach for good healthy eating, great colour and texture.
- Reduce the sauce as you like it. You can always add a little more water or coconut milk if you like a more runny consistency.
- If using chicken, we’d always recommend using chicken thigh. This part of the bird is perfect for curries, has a better flavour, holds its shape, texture and is now available in so many supermarkets in de-skinned, boneless convenient packs; or simple ask your local butcher to prepare it for you. Just be sure it’s cooked before serving.
For added richness, you should pop in either 200ml of coconut cream or a 50g sachet of creamed coconut when you add our sauce.