Welcome to our 100% natural, tangy, fragrantly spiced curry from the north of India. We base ours on the original dish from Delhi restaurant, Moti Mohal. A tomatoey dish with richness from added yoghurt or cream, we encourage you to add crème fraiche for extra creamy zing. The use of fenugreek leaves in the spice blend is what truly defines this as the must-have tikka!
- Gently fry between 750g and 1kg of chicken, red meat, or vegetables in a little oil or butter or coconut oil or alternative fat, as you prefer.
- Add your jar of Tantilizing Tikka sauce to the pan, pour water into the empty to about half full, swirl around and add that to the pan too.
- Cook until the meat is cooked or the vegetables the texture you prefer. Serve with our Vintage Pure Basmati rice and Naan.
- Reduce the sauce as you like it. You can always add a little more water or diary if you like a more runny consistency.
- Try adding almond milk to the sauce for an added layer of flavour.
- Sprinkle with sliced fresh mint leaves for added freshness and toasted flaked almonds for texture.
- If using chicken, we’d always recommend using chicken thigh. This part of the bird is perfect for curries, has a better flavour, holds its shape, texture and is now available in so many supermarkets in de-skinned, boneless convenient packs; or simple ask your local butcher to prepare it for you. Just be sure it’s cooked before serving.
For added richness, you should pop in either 200ml of crème fraiche cream or double cream or full
fat Greek yoghurt when you add our sauce.