Keema Matar – mild (Serves 6-8)
Proper comfort eating, lamb mince and pea curry. One of my childhood favourites and probably my mum’s favourite curry to make.
What you need
60g/2oz ghee, butter, clarified butter or 3 tblsp vegetable oil
700g/1½lb onions, peeled and sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 packet of GREEN SAFFRON Keema Matar Spice Mix
1kg/2lb minced lamb
500ml/1 pint (or 4 small pots) natural, plain yoghurt
1 dsp sugar
350g/12oz frozen peas
2 tsp GREEN SAFFRON Garam Masala (optional)
How to make it
How to make your meal:
- Heat the butter (or clarified butter/oil) in a large casserole dish or saucepan on medium heat, add the sliced onions and garlic and fry until golden.
- Next, add the packet of GREEN SAFFRON Keema Matar Spice Mix and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the minced lamb and cook over a medium heat until the meat is just no longer pink.
- Add the yoghurt and sugar and mix together well, then cover the dish or pan. Simmer on a low heat for about 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the peas and cook just long enough to thoroughly heat them through.
- Finally turn off the heat and serve immediately …simple!
Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of GREEN SAFFRON Garam Masala and serve with Indian Basmati rice.
Try replacing the mince with 1kg/2lb of chicken breast cut into bite size pieces.
This recipe has been tried and tested by the Green Saffron Masaalchi and is pretty much guaranteed, but if you want to change the quantities of a couple of ingredients go for it….experiment and enjoy your cooking. With Green Saffron spices you can’t go wrong!!!